Thursday, May 21, 2020

Friday Focus - May 22, 2020


Great Things I Noticed this Week:

  • Our Meals on Wheels crew delivering not only breakfast/lunch bags this week, but also gallons of milk, onions/potatoes and frozen meal packs, and food boxes. 
  • Stories of teachers meeting 1:1 and small groups in BlueJeans to help with skills they are struggling with on their own. 
  • Students culminating their learning about the nervous system acting as a doctor trying to diagnose a patient with a mystery disease project.
  • A student sent me a heartfelt email sharing that she's never finished a novel, ever, and has made it her goal to read an entire book this summer. 
  • Teachers celebrating when they finally hear from a student that they hadn't for a while. 
  • As I went through the process of putting together the Senior Honors video, I couldn't help but be amazed by the accomplishments of our students and all of the opportunities available to our students despite being a small school. 
  • Daily inspiration in our inboxes (thank you Lisa-I didn't know how much I could enjoy 5 minutes of a bird talking! LOL)
  • Students reflecting on where they're at in online learning according to these zones, with a discussion:
















Upcoming Events
In case you lose track of what day it is, Monday is still a holiday so NO virtual learning that day! ;)

No faculty meetings next week. I know that you have many loops to close with students, contacts to make, etc. I also have many meetings on my calendar next week. 

Friday - MS awards ceremony (details yet to be determined)

Blogs, Tweets and Quotes:





No comments:

Post a Comment