Thursday, May 13, 2021

Friday Focus - May 14, 2021


 

Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*Middle school students proud of their improvement in iReady scores for reading and math (I was really excited when a student who previously acted as if he didn't care about how he did was excited that he made growth...see they do care, they just don't always want to admit). 
*One of your colleagues lost a parent this week and several of you pitched in to help support in different ways. Additionally, our students demonstrated empathy and compassion knowing about the teacher's loss. 
*NHS students serving at the Blood Drive with professionalism and positivity as they checked people in. What a great representation of Dodgeland!
*Great staff discussions sharing feedback with me. I appreciate your candor to help me reflect/grow and value the conversations that you had in problem-solving ways to improve our student culture. It makes me so excited about what is possible! I will be emailing out all of the feedback you shared, but that likely won't happen until this weekend due to subbing during the days. Thank you for your patience!

Upcoming Events:

Tuesday - I will be in interviews for the HS art position (I know, I'm still sad too!).  Heads-up that we will have some high school students involved in giving tours to the candidates so you may see them walking around during classes

Wednesday - MS Faculty meeting (planning last week of school)

Saturday - Prom

Monday, May 24 - budget worksheets due (see Dr. Thompson's email sent out on May 10th)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes: 
*Several teacher conversations in the feedback meetings included wanting to share student survey results with students and get additional feedback with them. I am planning to put together some slides for both Middle and High school that could be shared with your 4th hour lunch group and then a survey link for students to share some specific thoughts/ideas just as you did in our meeting. Please plan for this for next Wednesday/Thursday in your classrooms. 
*You've heard me say that I cannot stand countdowns (I know you all look forward to summer, but this one stresses me out about how much I have left to do by that end date. And when we countdown until students are gone, what message does that give them?) Everyday that we have left with students matters and we need to make them count. My hope is you will keep the calendar placed in your mailbox somewhere visible as a reminder of how precious our time left with students is and ways you can continue to make a difference: Days Left to Build Relationships



Blogs, Tweets & Quotes:

*Suceed in (Don't Just Survive) the Last Days of School






No comments:

Post a Comment