Thursday, January 28, 2021

Friday Focus - January 29th, 2021

 


Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*I overheard some great conversations between advisors/students in both course selection process and creating a 4 year plan for high school (in 8th grade). There were conversations about classes aligning to post high school goals, discussions about GPA, college entrance requirements, etc. I was please with some of the details students were reading into in the course catalog and even had a student find a mistake in our book that many other eyes did not catch!
*Middle school students excited to meet/discuss their book club book. They were sharing post-it notes of thoughts as they were reading, asking each other questions and having great dialogue (and made me want to read their book!)
*When I was complaining about the cold, a teacher reminded me that the daylight is longer. Thank you for reminding me fo a positive reframe and getting me to stop complaining! 


Upcoming Events:
Wednesday - Workout Wednesday
Friday - Middle school is having Pajama Day for the American Heart Association and we encourage staff to wear red! 


Nuts & Bolts Notes:
*To continue with our district COVID plan to limit others into the building, the scheduled Parent/Teacher conferences will not take place as scheduled.  Please make sure that you are reaching out to parents of students that you have concerns about.  

*Plug for summer school...please check out Mrs. Huelsman's email and let her know if you are interested!

*Just a reminder of the expectations that were sent to students/parents about blended learning. Please let me know if you have a student not meeting the expectations and should be receiving a letter from the office. Better yet, email the student/parent and cc me...then both parent and I know at the same time (and we will still send out a letter). Here's an example of an email that Ms. Penterman has been sending and she attaches the blended learning expectations (thank you for sharing Ms. Penterman!):















Blogs, Quotes & Tweets:


















I often need to remind myself of this one...






No comments:

Post a Comment